Sunday, October 11, 2009

Journey to Muscat from Mumbai

I left Mumbai for Muscat in the afternoon on October 10, 2009, a Saturday accompanied by my wife and daughter .It was my maiden trip to Muscat. My daughter who made a trip there last year and still very conversant with formalities in the international airport for a visitor abroad shepherded us through the counters and we willingly obliged in preference to numerous enquiries. Anyway those manning or womanning the counters were courteous and the job was interesting and quick.

On flight was also a pleasant experience with warm reception and delicious food by the airlines. The aircraft left in time and reached Muscat in time. The immigration formalities were taken care by the daughter exactly the same way as in Mumbai. (Whenever I enter Bombay, my computer flashes a message, Is it Mumbai or do you want to apologize later?)

My elder daughter, son in law and my three grand children received us in the airport. They were very happy to see us. We drove home for about 40 km. The highway stretch was like copy and paste of the first km. There were only vehicles and hardly any pedestrians .What amazed me was the scrupulous road discipline .I discovered that one can drive without blaring the horn. I have not heard the vehicle horn so far here.

We reached home, had food and spent the night talking with all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment