Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home

As I understand, my daughter’s house is situated in Muscat in an area what is known in Indian parlance upper middle class. The house is simply palatial in Mumbai standards. There is a big drawing room with an extended drawing room. Adjoining the drawing room, there is another drawing home, a concept that is unheard of in Mumbai.

The kids have a good time playing with their toys in the second drawing room. It reminds me of my ancestral house in my village which had such huge space in the centre of the house. The second wall of the inner drawing room has two entrances –one to kitchen with an annexed store room and the other to the rooms.

Needless to say that the house is well furnished and tastefully decorated. The house is completely air conditioned and there are numerous electrical household gadgets for help in the house. My immediate worry was about power cut and electricity bills. I am told that power cut is unheard of-thanks to generation of abundant power as the oil resources are unlimited. Very rare break down due to faults may occur. Just then I remembered that when my flight was just landing at Muscat airport, I saw a lot of power stations. I picked up a few old electricity bills and found that the cost of electricity is of the order of a rupee a unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment